In order to set up a new account on Mantis, the new user has to click on a link received in Email to set a password and log in. If it is not allowed in your environment to send Emails from the host, where Mantis is running, the user is not able to activate its account.
In this scenario, only admin can setup password directly in local phpmyadmin database.
Creating User and Password
Please follow below steps:
- Navigate to Manage -> Manage Users -> Create New Account.
- Enter details in all the fields and click on Create User. Now you have successfully created a user.
- Now the user will get an email to set up password and login, but as you are using Mantis in local Email support won’t work.
- At this point, only admin can setup password directly in a local database.
- Open the phpMyAdmin page, for that open browser and type localhost/phpmyadmin, hit enter. Now you can see phpMyadmin login page.
- Login with credentials, if you are not created before, default username: ‘root’ and password: ‘YourMantisAdminPassword’
- Click Mantis database, then click on mantis_user_table file, as shown below.
- Now you can see the list of all users’ data as shown below.
- Click on Edit option of the new username created. For example, Jason, see above image.
- At password value please enter your own password and select Function as MD5, then click on Go for save changes, as shown below.
- Now you can log in as a new user with created credentials.