How to Backup and Migrate a WordPress site to a New Domain using All In One WP Migration plugin.
I. How to take Backup
- Install and activate All-in-One WP Migration plugin.
- This plugin exports your WordPress website including the database, media files, plugins and themes with no technical knowledge required. Upload your site to a different location with a drag and drop into WordPress.
- Go to Admin -> Plugins -> Add New
- Search for the plugin.
- Now go to Admin -> All-in-One WP Migration -> Backups -> Export
- Export to File or choose any required option and Download backup. As shown below.
II. How to migrate a site to a new domain
- Create a new domain.
- Install WordPress by choosing a new domain. Go to WordPress Manager under Applications on CPanel.
- Now click on Install to create new. Select the domain and click on Install.
- The system automatically generated your credentials, Please note it down for future use of the website.
- Now access your site by click on access this site at yoursite.
- Login with admin user credentials and check you are able to log in or not.
- Now Install and activate All In One Migration plugin to Import your old site.
- Go to Admin -> All-in-One WP Migration -> Import
- Now upload your old WordPress backup file using FILE IMPORT option and click Open.