Moodle - Create your perfect online learning environment.
Moodle is an acronym for “Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment”. Moodle is a free and open-source learning management system (LMS). Moodle is used for learning, distance education, classroom activities and other e-learning projects in schools, universities, workplaces, and other sectors. Using customizable management features, it is used to create private websites with online courses for educators and trainers to achieve learning goals. Using community-sourced plugins, Moodle allows for extending and tailoring learning environments.
Educators can use Moodle to create lessons, manage courses, interact with teachers and students. Students can use Moodle to review the class calendar, submit assignments, take quizzes, and interact with classmates.
- Easy to use interface - Moodle interface is easy to navigate on any device.
- Dashboard – Displays current, past, and future courses.
- Collaborative tools and activities - Work and learn together in forums, wikis, glossaries, database activities etc.
- All in one Calendar - Moodle calendar tool helps you keep track of your academic or company calendar, course deadlines, group meetings, and other personal events.
- File Management - Drag and drop files from cloud storage services including MS OneDrive, Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Simple Text Editor - Format text and conveniently add media like an image, video, link etc.
- Notifications - When enabled, users can receive automatic alerts on new assignments and deadlines, forum posts and also send private messages to one another.
- Tracking Progress - Educators and learners can track progress and completion with an array of options for tracking individual activities or resources and at the course level.
- Administrative Features - Customizable site design and layout, Secure authentication and mass enrolment, Multilingual capability, Bulk course creation, and easy backup, Manage user roles and permissions, High interoperability, Simple plugin management, Regular security updates, and Detailed reporting and logs.
- Course Development and Management Features - Direct learning paths, Encourage collaboration, Embed external resources, Multimedia Integration, Group management, Marking workflow, Integrated Badges, Grading Methods and Security and privacy.