- Sometimes, automatic merges will not be possible due to changes having been merged into the repository that our changes conflict with. To fix this, we need to follow the conflict resolution workflow.
- Initiate the merge process using the Git merge command.
- Manually choose which changes to merge into the master branch.
- Commit the resolved merge changes to the repository.
- Conflicts arise if two branches edit the same part of the same file. Git can’t resolve the merge automatically.
Please follow the below steps:
It Tracks and records changes to files over time. Contains extra information such as date, author, and a message explaining the change. VCS track any type of file, but most commonly used for code.
Benefits of VCS are it can retrieve previous versions of files at any time. Retrieve files that were accidentally deleted. Also, it can be used locally by you, or collaboratively with others.